Wednesday, September 17, 2008

My day didn't go to bad, actually...Me and the missus got up to the alarm, hit the snooze a couple o'times, and got ready for the day...I got to work, didn't have too much on my plate, and I created a spreadsheet for use in 2009...had lunch at my desk, finished out my day, not too bad of a day...when I got out to walk home, I decided I didn't really want to walk home, so I took the bus home...I caught the #6. The driver asked if I needed a transfer, I said,'No, thanks" and took my seat. I took the bus up to Corona and 6th, where I was going to connect with the #12, which goes down Corona, then crosses Speer onto Downing (the same street at that point). I got off the bus and began to cross Corona when I realized - I told the bus driver 'no, thanks'...I needed a transfer and I told the bus driver 'no, thanks'...
Aw, shit.
Well, I realized I had options. I could either walk home from 6th and Corona (not a terrible walk, actually), or I could get on the bus - and shell out another $1.75 for fare...I am now $1.75 poorer (I really didn't feel like walking home today)...
I've been looking for work via the 'net. I've blogged here about my current work situation, so you, my faithful readers (all five of you), know how much I hate that place...I do get scared that I'll leave a bad situation into something worse, and I realize at this point, I might have to work my way up (a little bit, at least) to my current wage. I am sick of caring. With all the backbiting and snitching that goes on there, I don't care anymore. Here's the latest shit so far...there are two full-time clerks - me and Doug (we'll call him Doug). Well, our team lead Annie (we'll call her...) had evidently come up to Doug and told him that she was checking out a rumor that one of the clerks was drinking on the job. According to him, he told him (I paraphrase a bit) 'Don't worry - it's not you - I just want to let you know - but don't you tell a soul or else!' Of course, he came and told me right away...as if I didn't need another reason to kiss that sorry place goodbye...Now, she hasn't mentioned a word of this supposed rumor to me, and I don't want to say anything to her, 'cause then she'll know that I let the cat out of the hat...so I've been eating lunch at my desk, to show her (without saying anything) that I'm at least stationary and not going anywhere during my lunch break to suckle at the rum teat. Of course, I theoretically could go take a quick nip in the stairwell or even slide a mini-bottle down my gullet at my desk while no one's looking. There's one flaw in that theory, however. That is, I DON'T DRINK ANYMORE! Since my PANCREATITIS attack in early May, I've maybe had 8 ounces of beer. 4 ounces at a band practice in late June (4 almost-instantly regrettable ounces), and 2 long sips of beer out of Gina's cup at a gig we had this weekend. Never mind that in the days when I did drink, I waited until I got home before enjoying libations. Until I got home. Whoever has the balls to drink at work or on their lunch break has got very huge brass ones indeed - about 10 of 'em...So, yeah, I'm a little pissed off at the work situation these days - in fact, today was such a good day at work, I almost forgot why I want to leave. Then I started blogging...
I love my iPod, by the way. I've been listening to it this whole time, and I've gone through Muddy Waters, Kyuss, Abba, Danzig, Ray Charles, Hank Williams Sr, and Zoot Sims, just to name a few...bye for now...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You really need to find a new job, that place you're working (I won't type the name, so you can't get into trouble) sucks!